The show has been rescheduled.
Due to the recent news surrounding COVID-19, we have decided it is in the best interest of everyone to reschedule the Lake Dillon Arts Festival to September 4th, 5th, and 6th..
CHANGES WE ARE MAKING For you and the public's health/safety, booths will be spaced for better social distancing. Therefore, we will not charge any corner booth fees. This way every artist will have plenty of space on either side of their booth.
We understand the inconvenience of rescheduling a show and to make this easier on our artists, we have decided to decrease the 2020 Lake Dillon Arts Festival booth fee to $425.
Lastly, we will be providing extra hand washing stations and extra hand sanitizer stations dispersed though out the show. We will also have free gloves for all YOU artists.
In these trying times, I want to remind you of your calling as an artist. You highlight what mankind can be. You remind us all that the world has beauty. So be courageous. Careful, but still courageous.
We hope you will join us for the new dates
The longest running & most established art festival on the eastern side of Summit County! The 14th Annual Lake Dillon Arts Festival - Sept 4th, 5th, & 6th, 2020
This is a juried fine art and fine craft show that will run in the core downtown area of historic Dillon, CO. We will be accepting a maximum of 85 artists for this 14th year show. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Summit County Colorado is one of the most beautiful places in the world and is a perfect setting for the art festival. The county includes the cities of Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco, and Breckenridge and has an average home value of $601,169. The area includes both home-owners and visitors from Colorado and around the world. Located on the eastern shore of Lake Dillon, Dillon, CO has one of the most beautiful settings in Summit County. It also features Dillon Marina which has the world’s highest yacht club. The club hosts weekly regattas and other aquatic special events throughout the summer.
104 Village Pl, Dillon, CO 80435
70 miles west of Denver
DEADLINES & NOTIFICATIONS • Application Deadline - Extended •
CANCELLATIONS - CCM Events is monitoring closely the COVID-19 situation in association with The Town Of Dillon, Summit County and The State Of Colorado in regards to The Lake Dillon Arts Festival.
Currently, we are moving forward with holding the festival at the new date of Sept 4th-6th, per the Town of Dillon's request. To plan for a safe event, we will adjust our procedures and will add additional hand washing stations. Gloves will be available for staff and artists. We are working on attaining additional hand sanitizer units. However, we are in a whole new world from a week ago.
COVID-19 Cancellation policy:
If the health department cancels the show and we move the show to alternate dates that don't work for you, here are some options.
1. You may apply 1/2 your booth fee to each of the next two years of The Lake Dillon Arts Festival (2021 & 2022). Plus you will be jury exempt for the next 2 years.
2. You may also transfer your booth fee to one of our other shows based on space availability: www.coloradoartshows.com
3. If you decide that none of the several alternatives work for you and you decide to outright cancel, we will return 50% of your booth fee to you plus give you a jury exempt status for the 2021 & 2022 show. We request you consider the difficult situation this has created for all of us. We hope that consideration yields a sense of fairness, reasonableness, and understanding.
After September 1st there will be no cash refunds.
All forms of original fine art and fine crafts. Painting, Sculpture, Metal, Glass, Printmaking/Drawing, Ceramics, Mixed Media, Jewelry, Wood, Fiber and Photography.
IMAGES & REQUIREMENTS
4 digital images of your work and 1 image of your display. The 5th image must be an image of your display that should include the same kind of work shown in the other four images. Images must be only of the work and category to be displayed (if you wish to display more than one category, you must jury 4 images of each category and be accepted in each category applied for).
The Artist must be present to exhibit and exhibit only their own original work - No Exceptions. A Picture ID will be required at check-in. Reps will be asked to leave with forfeiture of fees. No buy/sell. Artists must design and craft all the work. Only white tents are allowed.
A) The application fee is $50 and is non-refundable. You must pay $50 for each juried category in the show. Example: If a person wants to apply in both Painting and Jewelry, pay $50 twice for the application fee. Only the categories accepted by the Jury may be displayed. Your credit card will be charged immediately for application fees.
B) The space fee for this year’s show is $425.
CCM Events New Payment Policy
This crisis affects us all. I believe for artists and promoters like myself, two of the hardest aspects to manage is cash flow and planning. We need to plan for our futures when this crisis subsides but we also need to manage cashflow to stay afloat now.
In light of both these factors, I am updating my payment policy for our CCM Events Festivals to address these two concerns.
For the 2020 Lake Dillon Arts Festival booth fee of $425, CCM Events will take the booth payments in 3 monthly installments starting July 2nd with $125. Then another $150 July 15th. And the final $150 August 1st. If you have purchased a double, we will make the proportionate adjustments.
C) NO Electricity is available. SPACE SIZE Approximately 10 x 10 feet. All spaces are on pavement outside. No inside or covered spaces are available.
CCM Events - 4214 East Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80220 Phone: 720-941-6088 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A promoter's first responsibility is to bring patron's to the show. We at CCM Events take this responsibility very earnestly. Your success is what makes a show grow and thrive. We wanted to share how we will accomplish that first responsibility.
About the Summit Daily News - The Summit Daily News is the only print news outlet in Summit County, Colorado. The newspaper is a free, 12,000-circulation daily distributed throughout Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, Dillon, Keystone and Copper Mountain. 90% of Summit County reads the paper at least once a week and 69% of Summit County reads the paper every day. From condo complexes to Main Street Breckenridge, they fill over 300 strategically placed boxes every day.
Lastly, is our secrecy weapon… The Art Festival Shopping Spree. We have used this marketing for the past 3 years at The Lake Dillon Arts Festival and it has been a huge success. The core idea of the promotion is that posters and flyers for an event often get ignored or thrown away. But if you are handed an 8"x 3" full color ticket that could be worth $1000, most likely you will keep it. Not only will you keep it but you most likely will come to the event to see if you win. Last year in Dillon that certainly was the case. Of the 5000 tickets printed for The Lake Dillon Arts Festival, 2700 of them were in the drawing bucket. And because the patron had to be present to win, that is a phenomenal advertisement for the festival.
Here is how it works.
1. The tickets get distributed throughout the festival area via local businesses, CCM personnel, artists who wish to send the tickets to their core customers, and artists who wish to hand out tickets from their booths at the show.
2. The ticket doesn't cost anything to the patron, but the patron must be present at the festival on the drawing day to win.
3. At 2 pm on Saturday and 2 pm on Sunday we hold the drawing. CCM provides the prize money.
4. The winner then goes on a shopping spree at the festival from 2 pm to 5 pm. The winner has to spend the prize that day in one or multiple artist's booths.
Win - Win - Win - Win!
Key components of why this promotion has been such a huge success:
1. FREE - There is no cost to attendees to be a part of this drawing. We, CCM, provide the prize money. The patrons simply have to be at the show to win. Ah, but there is the real hook. They have to be at the show to win.
2. OVER-SIZED TICKET- Because the ticket is over-sized and on thick card stock, it has an appealing tactile feel at the same time doubling as an informational flyer.
3. PERCEIVED VALUE - Because the ticket could be worth $1000, the ticket holder is more likely to keep the ticket, put it on their refrigerator, and be reminded to come to the show.
4. WORD OF MOUTH - Word of mouth is still the most powerful source of advertising for new customers and that is exactly what the $1000 shopping spree promotion brings.
I hope you can join us for the festival and get a great working holiday in one of the most beautiful places in the world! You will love the location and find your customer!
Where is the site of the festival?
The site is located at the intersection of Lake Dillon Drive and Village Place in Dillon, CO 80435. Dillon is just off I-70 and up the road from Silverthorne, CO towards Keystone, CO.
Is the show a "block off the streets" event, in a park, or other?
This is a "block off the streets" event.
When can we load in?
Load in will be Thursday after 6 pm til 9 pm and you may also set up from 6:30 am to 8:30 am on Friday morning but I do not recommend it as Friday morning is busy at the show.
When do we need to be all packed up and gone on Sunday?
9 pm Sunday night.
Do you have a version of the application you could email me?
Yes, just drop me a line. email@example.com
When is the app deadline for this show?
Here are some stats about Dillon and Summit County: